Monday, April 7, 2008

so encouraging

my friend grace...
i met her a few years ago via scrapbook.com. she was my neighbor online and in real life! so after a few emails we both decided to have lunch and just meet up! oh boy!! we connected in so many different levels!!

she's filipina like i am!
she's from paranaque, like i am!
she's addicted to scrapbooking, like i am!
most importantly, she loves The Lord like i do!

those are just a few of the reasons we connected that afternoon! throughout our friendship, we've exchanged thoughts on our creations, our tools and our idols. but one of the things that she has done for me was encourage me about my passion to create. we had our one of our conversations just tonight and she mentioned updating my blog and just keeping friends posted about where i'm at...

so here i am today, updating my blog and promising that i will do whatever it takes to update this site.

my move to manila has been wonderful! The Lord provided me with a home that i have grown to love so much and most importantly, the opportunity for me to serve in church!! with the support of my pastor, the youth and our entire church family, we were able to launch COINS FOR CAMP 2008! Lord willing, it'll be an annual fundraiser to support our camp ministries. our drive started out with mineral water bottels being converted into piggy banks. we distributed it to the youth, and the rest of the church family so that they can start saving their coins (and cash!) months before camp. the second event was a garage sale which helped us raise P12,000!! they also hosted a bake sale and will be doing a FISHBALL SALE before the end of this month! Help us pray for the success of these activities!

robbie and kristen had a wonderful wedding! imagine almost 450 guests in their chruch and 385 at their reception! theirs was a ten year love story that we all prayed for! and it ended in a wonderful celebration! it was a wonderful time for friends and family to get together as well! photos are available on my friendster and facebook pages!!

i'll be posting another update tomorrow....

1 comment:

Grace Tolman said...

yehey, finally a new post to read!!! love those pics and LOVE the new hair. I say girls with short hair rule!!! *wink*